Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

Zenon lite after latest WP update?

Home Forums Free Theme Support Zenon Lite Zenon lite after latest WP update?

femke

zenon

Hello Towfiq,

Since the last update of WordPress (I guess), a few things no longer seem to work in the Zenon theme, such as latest tweets (widget shows header, but doesn’t retrieve twitter feed), affiliate links (inserted codes but they don’t show) and pinterest feed (same as with twitter feed). Is there something I need to change in my settings somehow? It used to work just fine.

Thanks,
    Fem

Towfiq I.

administrator

The twitter widget is not working because twitter stopped their api v1.0.

You will have to use this widget:
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/twitget/

I am assuming the affiliate links and pinterest feeds are 2 plugins that you are using. Make sure the theme is not breaking them. Install the default twentyten theme and see if they are still not working. if they are not working with the twentyten theme then you will have to contact the plugin developers.

femke

zenon

Hi Towfiq, thanks for the quick reply.
    Will check the widget for Twitter, and the plugin for pinterest.
    The affiliate links is a piece of code Amazon gave me as product link that i tried to insert as plain html in a blog post and as text in a widget.

femke

zenon

Hello Towfiq, I have checked the Twitter widget, but for some reason, it only allows me to give it a title, not to add my twitter details..
    I can’t get the affiliate links to work: it’s code generated by Amazon (and other webshops) providing product links. I used to put these on my website as text widgets or as html in posts and it worked fine, but currently this doesn’t work, the product links are not visible. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Fem

Towfiq I.

administrator

add all the widgets that are having issues and let me know your site address.

femke

zenon

Thanks. The twitter widget is twitget, when i add it to my right side bar, it gives me the option “add title” and save/delete, but not my twitter details.
    The plain text widget, which I normally used for code for product links lets me enter title and code, but doesn’t appear on website (that is, the title appears, but the code doesn’t). Code entered in posts don’t appear in the wysiwyg/on site.
    My site: http://www.femeggers.nl

Towfiq I.

administrator

1. Try this widget maybe?
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/email-address-protector/

There are plenty of twitter widgets out there:
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/twitter-widget

2. Did you add the widget with your custom code? I dont see any empty widget with only the title.

femke

zenon

Thanks, I will try the other widgets.
    I had removed the Twitget, as it wasn’t working and looked silly without feed…

femke

zenon

Hello Towfiq, something must somehow be wrong with the code provided by Amazon, as other html codes do work in the widget area as well as in posts. Nothing theme related then.
    Thanks for your help.

Towfiq I.

administrator

if you need help with anything else, let me know.

Julia

For some reason, posts are no longer viewable. Everything looks fine on the backend, but view/preview shows an error: 404 Page Not Found. I just updated to WP 3.6.1. Not sure if that would have caused the problem? How can this be fixed?

Towfiq I.

administrator

whats your site address julia?

Julia

Hi Towfiq – confidentrunner.com

Julia

Towfiq – Is there a way to make my posts viewable again (confidentrunner.com)? Everything looks fine on the admin side, but clicking on a post results in a 404 Page Not Found. The only thing that has changed since adding these posts was an update to WP 3.6.1.

Towfiq I.

administrator

did you recently add any plugin or play with the permalink settings?

Julia

No. Just installed the update.

Towfiq I.

administrator

can you disable all the plugins one by one and see which one is causing this? a plugin might got broken after wordpress update.

Julia

There are no plugins installed. However, I changed the permalink to default, just to see what would happen. The posts now appear. And for whatever reason, when I change the permalink setting back to what it was, it now works also. Thanks for the suggestion! As always, your service is second to none. Thanks very much.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.