Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

"WARNING DO NOT PURCHASW TRITON PRO IT HAS A VIRUS IN THE THEME"

Home Forums Misc. General Forums "WARNING DO NOT PURCHASW TRITON PRO IT HAS A VIRUS IN THE THEME"

Penelope

subscriber

I have had a WP theme for over 5 years and decided to trial Triton Lite. I transferred all my images and posts, the entire website and I thought all was fine and upgraded to Triton Pro. I used the same password in my WP admin for the theme, thinking is was WP. What I didnt realise is that I purchased a theme with a virus in the theme as advised by my IP provider. After I wrote and explained this to Towfiq I received an email advising everything was no longer there. All my data, images posts were there before I contacted him via email and then miracously everything has been deleted. Towfiq you were the only person who could possibly have assess to my account. Why? Plus its very unprofessional receiving an email addressed from you as a GMail address? tislam100@gmail.com this seems very suspicious BEWARE DO NOT TOUCH THIS THEME I no longer have a WP website since this terrible update.

Towfiq I.

administrator

Penelope, You got this wrong.

There was a recent mass hack on all over the world.. where a social.png file was used.. the theme has a social.png file for 5+ years. its not infected.. now webhosts are being paranoid and removing all the social.png s from their servers… This is what happened in your case.

There is an easy fix for that, just rename social.png file to soc.png and replace all the “social.png” word with soc.png in your stylesheet and you are good to go. this is tested and works. I suggested this change to other Triton PRO theme users and they successfully made the changes and using the theme till now without any harm.

And I use my personal email address because I want to respond quickly to PRO user’s emails and give them better support.

Regards

Aaron Marcus

Hi Towfiq,

Could you please give me the steps of changing the social.png to soc.png
    I am a new user and am using this triton pro theme for my website.

Towfiq I.

administrator

First Download the image below:
    https://themes.svn.wordpress.org/triton-lite/1.3/images/social.png

and then Go to Media Add New and upload the image and copy the uploaded file url.
    Then Go to Appearance> Editor and replace this line:
    .social ul li a{ display:block; width:28px; height:28px; background:url(images/social.png) no-repeat; text-indent:-999999px;}

with this:
    .social ul li a{ display:block; width:28px; height:28px; background:url(YOUR_COPIED_FILE_URL_HERE) no-repeat; text-indent:-999999px;}