Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Theron Theme Option inaccessible after latest WordPress update

Home Forums Free Theme Support Theron Lite Theron Theme Option inaccessible after latest WordPress update

Mirco

Hello

Thanks for providing the WordPress Comunity with your great Themes. I use the Theron Lite theme and it seems I cannot access the Theme Options anymore. WordPress: VER 3.6 only displays the Theron Theme Options menu bar and a Message “Restore defaults” and “Save Options” but without the options visible. Unfortunately I’m still building the page and cannot easily change the frontpage text blocks or the highlight color, so I’m a bit stuck currently.

Clearing the cache (it is deactivated as I’m still setting up the site, but I clicked the links anyway), as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the theme was without any success. Resetting to defaults also didn’t solve the problem, I just lost my custom highlight color and the custom text blocks beneath the slider.

Is there any advice or solution available?

Greetings, Mirco

Towfiq I.

administrator

did you try disabling all the plugins? To me it sounds like a plugin conflict.

Mirco

Thanks for your quick reply. Following your suggestion I deactivated all installed Plugins (that includes the WP default Plugins), but the results are identical.
    Here are screenshots of the current Plugin section and the appearance of the Theron Theme Options, if it helps.

Towfiq I.

administrator

which version of the theme are you using?

The latest version(2.0) of the theme works fine with wordpress 3.6

Mirco

It worked fine until I updated to 3.6
    I run Theron Lite version 2.0

I don’t want to imply that it is a problem with the Theme itself. But if you had any suggestions that’d be terrific.
    However I run WP 3.6 German, so it might be a localisation problem? Any suggestions where I might look for a solution?

Alternatively where can I change these entries without the Theron Theme Options manually? If you could point me to a database table or file and where to look there I should be able to get past this problem.

Thanks

Towfiq I.

administrator

nope. not a localization problem.
    I am not sure whats causing this, can you turn debug on from wp-config file and see what error you get when you access the theron options page?

Mirco

Yes I will turn debug on in wp-config file.

I can confirm that it’s not a localization problem, as I just updated another site (http://newsydney.net) to english/default WP 3.6 and installed Theron Lite version 2.0 via standard theme installer afterwards (never used on that bog before). WIth the same result.

BTW: The options are displayed for a very short moment (once) and i can even select “Front Page” if I’m quick and moments later (1-2 Seconds) it shows only the Options menu bar and the two buttons described above.

I will perform the debugging and keep you posted soon.

Towfiq I.

administrator

sounds like javascript conflict issue.

if you are using chrome, press f12 button for developer tools. then click the “Console” button. Then refresh the page. let me know if there is any error in the console tab.

Mirco

I turned most of the plugins back on. I turned debug on in wp-config file. I installed debug-bar plugin.
    …interestingly but not surprisingly it shows no error. At all. When accessic the Theron Theme Options.

I do get an error when accessing the main page however which says:
    Notice: Undefined index: defaults in /www/htdocs/v113320/ev3/wp-content/plugins/custom-sidebars/customsidebars.php on line 506
    Via debug bar an additional message is displayed:
    NOTICE: wp-content/plugins/enhanced-tooltipglossary/glossary.php:471 – Undefined variable: addition

Disabling the plugins “Custom sidebars” and “CM Super Tooltip Glossary” again… We’re error-free again…

But I still cannot access the Theron Theme Options.

*sigh* I don’t think your theme is the reason, but do you have a suggestion. The options are shown very shortly. But then just dissapear.

Towfiq I.

administrator

wordpress debugging wont help. its a javascript issue. did you do what I told you to do earlier? the thing with chrome developer mode. let me know the result.

If its all too technical for you, let me know your site id/pass through the contact page and I will try to fix it.

Mirco

Sorry, I over-read that post. Switching browser to chrome and proceeding as you described…

DOH… (slapping myself to my head)… Chrome shows no error at all. It works fine. The error appears in Firefox 22.0
    Now that you say it. I worked on chrome at home the whole weekend until Monday.
    Then I switched to Firefox on Tuesday – as it is configured to auto-authorize the hotspot here at work – for convenience and encountered the error. I also updated WP to 3.6 yesterday, so I though that was the reason for the error.

So it’s a Firefox compatibility problem, I would guess…
    I don’t want to waste your time. For me it’s okay to use chrome. So my probem is solved.

If you’re interested:

– Chrome Version 28.0.1500.95 m works fine
    – FIrefox 22.0 does not
    – Opera 12.16 Build 1860 (w32) works fine
    – Safari 5.1.7 works fine too

Thanks a lot for your support.

Cheers, Mirco

Towfiq I.

administrator

just checked the options page with firefox 22.0 and 23.0. The theme options page is working fine. i think there’s something wrong with your browser installation.

If you like the theme please rate it:

Theron Lite: Free WordPress Theme

Thanks

Mirco

Yeah that’s possible. I’ll check that asap.
    Rated for five Stars!
    Thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.