Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Submenu dropdown difficult to select

Home Forums Free Theme Support Zenon Lite Submenu dropdown difficult to select

Mike

This is an excellent theme. The dropdown submenu, however, can be difficult to select. When I move the cursor from the top-level menu to the submenu, the submenu oftentimes disappears or bounces before I can select one of the items. This may be due to the gap between the top-level menu and the submenu causing the cursor to lose focus. How can I change the menu-to-submenu gap or otherwise improve this issue? THX

Towfiq I.

administrator

whats your site address?

Mike

Towfiq I.

administrator

add this to the very bottom of your stylesheet:

#topmenu ul li ul{margin-top: 21px!important;}

Mike

Thanks! That worked great. The dropdown locks in place and is very stable.

Mia Smith

I agree – this is an AMAZING theme. I just cannot get a drop-down menu to work. I have made it a parent page but it is not coming up when I go to the website. Is there anything else I need to do? (I have looked everywhere) my website is http://www.miabsmith.com

Thanks!!!

Towfiq I.

administrator

its because you did not setup a submenu. please Go to Apperance> Menus and add a submenu to your parent page.

Mia

Thanks for the Quick reply. I have tried that but there it is not giving me an option for a submenu. This is what it says:

Menu Settings
    Auto add pages Automatically add new top-level pages to this menuTheme locations
    Primary Navigation (Currently set to: Top Menu)
    Footer Navigation (Currently set to: Galley of Events)

If I change any of that the new menu I create will replace the main menu. How do I link it all together?

A second questions – I worked with Another template and then I was able to create submenus where the link Went straigt to a website or category – is that possible for this template too (once I figure out my first questions)?

Thank you so much!

Mike

Once you add pages to your menu, you will see the rectangular boxes on the right side of the Appearance+Menu page. Just click on one of the menu boxes and drag it under another menu item and it will indent the list, which makes it a submenu item.

Irene

Dear Towfiq,

thanks for your great theme! Nice, clean and original!

I have a problem selecting the sub-submenus of my page, specially in this menu
    As you can see the subsubmenus are pulled down and are difficult to select, moreover the submenu itself disappears easily when not pointing with the mouse.
    Is it possible to make that the submenus and subsubmenus stay on the screen permanently (if you clicked before, of course) and just disappear when you click outside the submenus?

I already tried to add #topmenu ul li ul{margin-top: 21px!important;} in the stylesheet, but apparently it doesn’t work.

thanks in advance for your help!

Towfiq I.

administrator

please add this to your stylesheet:

#topmenu ul li ul{margin-top:15px!important;}

and then press ctrl+f5 couple of times to see the change.

Sunjae

Dear Towfiq,

Thanks so much for your excellent theme and support. I’ve been having the same issue that these above people mentioned; namely that the drop down menu disappears before hovering over it because of the space between the main menu and submenu. I tried inserting the #topmenu ul li ul{margin-top:15px!important;} at the bottom of the “stylesheet” in wordpress and it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Is there any other way to address this? Thanks so much in advance for your help. Blessings,

Sunjae
    Createwellnesscenter.com

Nathalie

subscriber

I have the same problem. Please help me !

#topmenu ul li ul {
    margin-top: 15px !important;
    }

This is not fonctionnel for my site http://www.tetu-tetu.com

Than’ks
    Nathalie

Mike

Thanks for an excellent theme!

Trying to resolve the issue as identified above. I have added #topmenu ul li ul{margin-top:15px!important;} and adjusted the pixel from 0 to 21 and several numbers inbetween, I cannot get the menu to remain stable in chrome or firefox, the problem is slightly worse in firefox.

I am using the lite version at the moment. An example can be seen here; http://a2bmobility.com/walking-aids/

Thanks in advance, hope this can be resolved as it is critical to navigation.

Reply To: Submenu dropdown difficult to select