Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)

Problems with the Slider.

Home Forums Misc. General Forums Problems with the Slider.

mctm01

subscriber

I cant get the slider to show the slides? When I first click on the website, it flashes them in a matter of seconds and then that’s it?

http://www.millerweddings.co.uk

Towfiq I.

administrator

Just checked you site. It is working fine. Can you load the site with a different Browser? maybe it is a browser related issue.

randisee

subscriber

Hello,

Are there supposed to be 2 sliders with the Pro version? I can’t seem to figure out how to get the second slider. I want 2 different ones on 2 different pages. Can I do this without having to install a plugin for the second slider?

thx

Towfiq I.

administrator

Yes you can do this but, but some custom work is needed. Let me know What slider do you want in your front-page? and what slider do you want for the other page?

randisee

subscriber

I would like the Nivo slider for both pages.

Thx

Towfiq I.

administrator

Download the page.zip file and extract the php file inside it and upload it to your scyllapro folder. after that create an n new page and assign the new page template from the post editor. In the post editor under “Page Attributes” Select page template and select “Page with Nivo” from the dropdown menu.

The page will show the same slider that is shown in the homepage.

randisee

subscriber

Hello,

I did as you said above but I cannot see how to assign a new page template and “Page with Nivo” is not appearing in my “Select Page Template” drop down.

Sorry for all the questions but I am very new to this!

Thx

Towfiq I.

administrator

oh shoot. my bad. rename the page file with nivo-page.php file.

randisee

subscriber

Sorry, I don’t understand what I am meant to do.

Towfiq I.

administrator

after extacting the zip file you will get a file “page.php”. rename it “nivo-page.php” and upload it to your scyllpro theme folder with an ftp application.

randisee

subscriber

Ah, okay I think that’s worked. I tried renaming the file once I had already uploaded it to my file manager and that didn’t work.

Thanks for your help, again 😀

randisee

subscriber

Do I have to insert code to get photos working on my sliders? I have tried uploading photos to the pages that I have the sliders on and set the template to ‘Page with Nivo’ but the sliders are not working. I have spent quite a bit of time on the internet and it seems I need to enter code??? Very new to this and struggling!

Thx

Towfiq I.

administrator

No, you don’t need to enter any code. send me your site id/pass and site address through this page and I will try to set it up for you.

http://www.towfiqi.com/contact

arjan

subscriber

All the texts in the slider appear with a capital letter.

Where or how can I change the slider details?

My website is http://www.apps-development.com

Towfiq I.

administrator

I just checked your site..the text are OK. What browser are you using?

arjan

subscriber

I's checked the website with Firefox, IE and Oprah.

In stead of writing like this.

the text in the slider:

Is Appearing Like This, With Every Word Starting With A Capital Letter.

Offcourse that isn't what I would like. I hope you can help me out.

[attachment=2144,140]

Towfiq I.

administrator

Go to Appearance> Editor and select “Stylesheet” and add this line to the very bottom:

.slider-content p{text-transform:none!important;}

press ctrl+f5 in your browser for a hard refresh to see the change.

meaganross

subscriber

I have a Nivo slider on my home page, but want to add a news slider to a “news” page that streams my blog posts. Can you help me? meaganross.com/mr

Towfiq I.

administrator

you want to add the news slider to this “News Page” like this one:

http://theronpro.towfiqi.com/nivo-slider/

meaganross

subscriber

Yes, I would like to use that as a second slider. How do I add another page with a new set of sliders?

Also, if i want to do a blog page like: http://theronpro.towfiqi.com/blog/ how do I add that?

thanks.

Towfiq I.

administrator

you cannot setup display diffrent slider in diffrernt page. you will have to display the same slides in all page or you can display a slider with posts from a certain category. the slides will be taken from a certain category posts.

as for the blog page, Go to Theron options> Documentation> Misc. its written there.

meaganross

subscriber

Towfiq, Thank you. This is slightly misleading from your advertisement to upgrade to PRO. I understood that I could have 3 sliders on my site. Anyways, can you tell me how to do this (or point me to a thread): “display a slider with posts from a certain category.”

Towfiq I.

administrator

1. Download the attachment and extract the file. then upload the file to your theron theme folder.

2. Then Go to Appearance> Editor and select “page-newsslider.php” and find this line:

<?php $loop = new WP_Query( array( 'post_type' => 'post', 'cat' => '1', 'posts_per_page' => ''.$zn_fonts = of_get_option('number_select').'' ) ); ?>

and change the number 1 with your category id.

3. Then create a new page and assign the page template “Newsslider Page” from page attributes .

Let me know how it goes.

meaganross

subscriber

Thanks for the file and instructions. The page is all jumbled: http://meaganross.com/mr/?page_id=136

But I am going to likely change it back before you view it, so I will upload a picture. I would like to show different images too, and I am not sure that control is built in currently.

meaganross

subscriber

Any other tips? I had envisioned that I could have three different sets of sliders on my site advertising different components of my business/services. Will this functionality soon be added?

1 2

Tagged: