Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

If you Like the Asteria Lite Theme and want to Keep it free forever Please Rate it on Wordpress.org (It only takes a few seconds)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

No Sidebar Display in other languages than english

Home Forums Free Theme Support Asteria Lite No Sidebar Display in other languages than english

Lumière de Lune

Hello

there is a bug in sidebar.php, line 7. Because you call the sidebar by its name, and the name is translated in the po file, it can’t be displayed if the language of the blog is not english. The correct code is
    if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar( __('Right Sidebar','asteria') )

Towfiq I.

administrator

Thanks. I dont know how I missed it.. Thank you very much.
    You will also have to make similar edits in footer.php and content-frontpage-widgets-area.php

Lumiere de Lune

Thanks, I did already 🙂

Guillermo

Hi, I know nothing of php programming and I need the function in sidebar widget Spanish language.
    You could send the complete code for the files to be modified?
    This Theme is very good, just missing some settings.

Towfiq I.

administrator

1. Open up sidebar.php and replace this:

<?php if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('Right Sidebar') ) : ?>

with this:

<?php if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar( __('Right Sidebar','asteria') ) ) : ?>

2. Open up footer.php and replace this:

<?php if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('Footer Widgets') ) : ?>

with:

<?php if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar(__('Footer Widgets', 'asteria')) ) : ?>

Guillermo

Thanks, works fine now!

CVillazon

“Ahí estaba la madre del cordero” jajja.
    Gracias!!

Reply To: No Sidebar Display in other languages than english