Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

Menu Problem

Home Forums Free Theme Support Theron Lite Menu Problem

Osiris

Hi I’m having a problem with the main menu bar. Sometimes it works fine and other times when you try to reach the sub menu it just opens and closes really fast. Then you move the cursor away and try again and it works fine. How can I solve this problem? I did make some modifications to the theme through a child theme so that might be a reason. I’m using wordress 3.6 and Theron 2.0.

Thanks

Towfiq I.

administrator

whats your site address?

Osiris

casacaletavallarta.com

Towfiq I.

administrator

Excellent Child Theme! Great Work!

to fix the issue you are having, replace this:

.sub-menu {
    margin-top: 9px !important;
    display: none;
    }

with this:

.sub-menu {
    margin-top:9px !important;
    }

and this:

#topmenu ul li {
    padding: 6px 15px;
    }

with this:

#topmenu ul li {
    padding: 8px 15px;
    }

Osiris

Hey thanks,

The fix still isn’t working. I switched the css but it still didn’t fix the problem. It’s weird because sometimes the sub menu works fine and sometimes it just opens and closes really fast but if you move the cursor away and try again it works fine. Do you think it might be a problem with the new WP update? or a plugin conflict? I already tried disabling all the plugins but it still happens. btw I love your theme! I also created another child theme for one of my sites and I would be happy to send you the child theme files. It’s a masonry theme you can check it out here cinevallarta.com. If you like it maybe you can sell it or use it some how, I mean after all I am using your free theme so I guess it’s a way of giving back.

Towfiq I.

administrator

no. its a css issue. you forgot to replace this:

.sub-menu {
    margin-top: 9px !important;
    }

with this:

.sub-menu {
    margin-top: 7px !important;
    }

Osiris

Also, I like the fancybox that comes with the theme and I would like to use it for the gallery section of the site. I tested it out and where there are two images on a page fancy box only opens one. I figured out how to make the arrow appear but I can’t get them to link to the next image on the page. Is that possible?

Towfiq I.

administrator

send me the link of this page.

Osiris

Yeah you were right. The issue is fixed. This is one of the urls for the gallery http://www.casacaletavallarta.com/gallery/bedrooms/

Towfiq I.

administrator

you did not add a gallery. what you should do is add a wordpress gallery and select the “Medium” size for photo thumbnails to show large image and you will also notice the fancybox is working as you want for the gallery.

Osiris

Oh, I see. Yeah it works fine. how can I make the mobile version of the fancybox gallery bigger? it’s pretty small right now.

Towfiq I.

administrator

add this to your mobile.css:
    body #gallery-1 .gallery-item{width:auto!important;}

if you like the theme and the support, please rate it:
    http://www.towfiqi.com/theron-lite-free-wordpress-theme.html/

Osiris

Hey on this other child theme I created I’m having a little problem. I made a child theme and basically just took the home page post boxes and made a masonry theme. I set the home page post limit to 12 posts and now I have more post but the second page doesn’t work. If you scroll down to the bottom of the home page and try to look at page two it just reloads the first 12 posts. It doesn’t show the rest. How can I fix this? This is the link to the site http://www.cinevallarta.com

Towfiq I.

administrator

what you should do is, use this plugin. it works great with the theme:

Infinite-Scroll

Osiris

I added the plugin but I can’t get it to work. These are the selectors I added in the plugin menu.
    Content Selector- .lay1
    Navigation Selector- .amp_page
    Next Selector- .amp_next
    Item Selector- .hentry

Is that right?

Towfiq I.

administrator

should be:

Content Selector- .lay1_wrap
    Navigation Selector- .thn_paginate
    Next Selector- .amp_next
    Item Selector- .hentry

Osiris

It’s still not working.

Towfiq I.

administrator

Are you sure? I just checked it with my theme and its working great.

Towfiq I.

administrator

I just checked your site and found out that plugin is not adding this necessary java script to your theme’s header:

http://xyz.com/wp-content/plugins/infinite-scroll/js/front-end/jquery.infinitescroll.dev.js

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.