Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

How to remove the hover effect [color] of highlighting the Blocks on front page?

Home Forums Free Theme Support Theron Lite How to remove the hover effect [color] of highlighting the Blocks on front page?

Sammer

Hello Towfiq ,
    As my title says , how to remove the hover effect [color] of highlighting on Blocks on front page?

I.e. When i bring the mouse over one of the 4 blocks on front page , the background color of that block on which the mouse is brought changes to green . I want to remove that green background effect so that no background color will be seen .

Please see this image for more details – http://imgur.com/D3cs7PX

Thanks
    Awaiting your reply

Towfiq I.

administrator

Add this to the very bottom of your Stylesheet:

body .midrow_block:hover{color:#999!important; background:none!important;}

Sammer

Thanks for the fast reply Towfiq 🙂
    That fixed it !

Kaarina

Hi Towfiq!

I blocked hovering from the midrow but titles change color anyway. Any thoughts?
    http://www.tapiolanratsastuskoulu.net/wordpress/

Thanks,
    Kaarina

Towfiq I.

administrator

Add this to your stylesheet:

.midrow_block:hover h3{color:#333!important;}

beth olson

subscriber

Just wanted to add real quick that if you want to keep the color rollover effect but remove just the jump/bounce effect of the front page midrow block rollovers I did this by going to wp-content>themes>Asteria>Asteria.js

Find this bit of code:

//Block Animation
    if (jQuery(window).width() > 480) {
    	jQuery('.midrow_block').hover(function(){
    	jQuery(this).stop().animate({ "color":sechovertext, "backgroundColor":sechover, "paddingTop":"0px" }, 200);
    	jQuery(this).find('.icon_wrap i').animate({ "color":sechovertext }, 200);
    	jQuery(this).find('.midrow_block:hover .block_img').animate({ "borderColor":sechovertext }, 200);
    	}, function(){
    	jQuery(this).stop().animate({ "color":primarytext, "backgroundColor":"transparent", "paddingTop":"2%" }, 200);	
    	jQuery(this).find('.icon_wrap i').animate({ "color":"rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15)" }, 200);
    	jQuery(this).find('.midrow_block:hover .block_img').animate({ "borderColor":"rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15)" }, 200);
    	});
    	}

Remove the “paddingTop”:”0px”
    this will keep the color roll over but remove how it jumps on rollover.

Reply To: How to remove the hover effect [color] of highlighting the Blocks on front page?