Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

How to activate Slider.

Home Forums Free Theme Support Theron Lite How to activate Slider.

Mike

Hi Towfic
    I’m an inexperienced website builder but I have embarked on my first website. Anyway, now Im trying to create a slider which I can use in my first page (home page) on the webiste. I am looking for a solution such as the three slides you have in the header on the following link.

http://theronlite.towfiqi.com/

Are you using the “standard” slider system you have or does it require WP Nivo Slider? I tried the standard, but have no idea exactly how to get the imaegs and the function working. I created a few slides with images, and still nothing really happens. When I “view” the slides it just opens a new page with the title and description, but no image,,, and its not inserted into the header of the home page.

Can you or anyone else guide me here?

Furthermore, I downloaded WP Nivo slider as I thought I’d have more luck there. I followed the turorial but finally got stuck at the point where I am supposed to copy this code <?php if ( function_exists(‘show_nivo_slider’) ) { show_nivo_slider(); } ?> from the installation page at wordpress website http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-nivo-slider/installation/

It says Im supposed copy it into my options section of the this WP NIVO slider plugin,,, but that template just opens a lot of codes and texts that I don’t know what they mean,,and I simply don’t know where to copy it in.

Can you or anyone guide me on this point? Well, if I can simply manage to use the standard Theron Lite slider then I don’t need WP Slider for now.

many thanks in advance

Towfiq I.

administrator

No, you dont have to use any plugin. The setup process of the slider is described in Appearance> Theron Options> Documentation.
    please follow the instruction. Its very easy.

Mike

Hi Towfiq, thanks for the quick reply.
    Well I have been there,, but actually I realize maybe im asking for the wrong thing. First of all,,actually when Im there, it says set your posts to “front page”… and when I do that in the settings,,it is giving me a warning message saying don’t use front page for both start and posts.

Anyway, I realize perhaps I might be asking the wrong thing.. What I am looking for is a slider in the header of the front page, just as you have on your demo website with those three games (prince of persia, etc),,, how do I achieve that?

Mike

Hi Towfiq, thanks for the quick reply.
    Well I have been there,, but actually I realize maybe im asking for the wrong thing. First of all,,actually when Im there, it says set your posts to “front page”… and when I do that in the settings,,it is giving me a warning message saying don’t use front page for both start and posts.

Anyway, I realize perhaps I might be asking the wrong thing.. What I am looking for is a slider in the header of the front page, just as you have on your demo website with those three games (prince of persia, etc),,, how do I achieve that?

Mike

Never mind,,I think I finally solved it,, I never realized your theme already has a defined Front page (home page) that should be the base,,, I created a starting page myself thinking everything needs to start from there,,so I customized my menu etc etc from there,,but now it seems fine for now at least.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.