Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

How do I get rid of the "next page" buttons below front page posts?

Home Forums Free Theme Support Theron Lite How do I get rid of the "next page" buttons below front page posts?

Larry

Hello. I am new to wordpress (this is my first go-round) and I could sure use some help. On the “Front Page”, within Theron (Lite) Theme Options, I have selected “Yes” on both “Enable Latest Posts” and “Show Posts from a certain Category”. I have then indicted the category (one category only) and the number of front page posts I want to show – Four. When I click on “Customize”, then select “Static Front Page/Your latest posts”, these square “next page” buttons/icons appear beneath the posts. That would be OK except that, when these are clicked on, it can’t find those pages.
    When I try setting the Front page as “A static page”, it shows all posts under the selected category on the front page (five, at the moment), not just the four latest posts. What I want to do is show only the four “latest posts”- no more, no less – under the Front Page slider, without showing the subsequent/next page buttons/icons underneath the posts. Is there anything a rookie like me can do to fix this? Thanks!

BTW: Nice looking theme and, despite my learning curve issues, much more intuitive than many of the other themes I played around with before finding this one!

Towfiq I.

administrator

you simply want to hide the post navigation from front page right? Go to Appearance> Editor and add this to the very bottom of your stylesheet:

.home .thn_paginate, .home .navigation{display:none;}

Larry

Thanks for your very prompt response.

Here it goes. I pasted the new code in the wrong place on my first attempt. Rather than scrolling down to the very bottom of the stylesheet, I mistakenly pasted it under the “LOGO” code, which is what showed at bottom without scrolling all the way down (duh! Rookie, indeed.), When I updated that, of course it didn’t work. Realizing what I did, I went back and deleted the code from under the logo, and added it at the bottom, right after this:

home .thn_paginate, .home .navigation{display:none;}

So, the bottom of the stylesheet now reads like this:

body #topmenu ul.menu ul li, body #topmenu div.menu > ul li ul li {margin: 3px 0 3px 15px;}

home .thn_paginate, .home .navigation{display:none;}

I tried single spacing, double spacing and no space between lines of code, always hit the “Update File” button, and nothing worked. Still have the front page post nav buttons centered under the posts.

Anything else I should try? FYI: This is a site I am working on with a localhost only, (MAMP) at this time. Thanks again!

Larry

One more thing, I left the “.” off the beginning of the code in the replay above. This is what I added at bottom of stylesheet:

.home .thn_paginate, .home .navigation{display:none;}

Towfiq I.

administrator

you just want to hide the navigation under the posts n front page right?

Larry

Yes, preferably. Either that or get it to go to the “next page” when the nav buttons are clicked. Right now I just get the page header and a really big “404” that pops up-very briefly- where the post should be when I click them, Followed by a “Whoops! That page could not be found…” message. I must have done something wrong, somewhere along the way. Thanks again for your help.

Towfiq I.

administrator

you will have to match the number of posts per page on Settings> Reading page and the theron options page to get rid of the 404 issue.

Larry

OK, that worked. If I can’t get rid of the nav buttons all together, this is the next best thing.

Will it now just keep adding navigation buttons across the bottom, depending on the number of posts? Or, will that max out after so many posts? Is there a way to control this, so that we don’t end up with a long row of navigation buttons at the bottom of the page? Right now I have 5 posts, so only 2 nav buttons on the front.

Thanks again for your help and patience with these issues. Sorry about all the questions!

Towfiq I.

administrator

there shouldnt be a long row of navigation buttons. You can also hide the navigation on homepage by opening up layout1.php and replace this :

<?php if (function_exists("theron_paginate")) {theron_paginate();} ?>

with:

<?php if ( !is_home() ) { ?><?php if (function_exists("theron_paginate")) {theron_paginate();} ?><?php } ?>

Larry

Thanks again for the quick response. Unfortunately, when I tried my first attempt at making a child theme, I seem to have lost everything I have done within the site to date. The original plus the child theme. Or, maybe I just can’t find then (within MAMP). If I can figure out how to get it back, I’ll add this code – sounds like just what I need. If I can’t find it, guess I’ll start over – then add/change the code. It’s been a learning experience, but I still have much to learn! No biggie. It’s a spec job I’ve been working on in my downtime – with no deadline – thank goodness.

Towfiq I.

administrator

are you getting a blank page? did you copy the “admin” folder to your child theme folder?

Larry Abbott

FYI: Got the site back up on the local server (MAMP). I still wasn’t able to get rid of the navigation buttons below the post on the front page (tried your suggestions), but that’s OK. Thanks for all your help!

Reply To: How do I get rid of the "next page" buttons below front page posts?