Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

easyslider

Home Forums Misc. General Forums easyslider

vashani

subscriber

Hi there,

just tried to make the image in the slider a clickable link, the same as the text in the slider

by

going into easyslider.php.

but seem to have made some error.

I replaced<?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?>

and replace it withID, ‘slide_link’, TRUE); ?>”><?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?>

as written by in one of the forum topic but have totally got it wrong and now get this error when I click on the site:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘=’ in /home/tjsconz/public_html/wp-content/themes/Triton/easyslider.php on line 10

please help,

thanks in advance

vashani

subscriber

tried playing with it and this is how finally how it it comes up,

sorry but I am totally new at website designing, so please bear with me, thanks

Towfiq I.

administrator

copy the whole code to pastebin.com and share the link here.

vashani

subscriber

Towfiq I.

administrator

Replace this line:

<?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?>

with:

<a href="<?php get_post_meta($post->ID, 'slide_link', TRUE); ?>"><?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?></a>

vashani

subscriber

thank that works great but somehow the pic has got cut please see attached file

[attachment=2842,177]

Towfiq I.

administrator

whats your site address? I have to examine this issue.

vashani

subscriber

Towfiq I.

administrator

okay. remove everything from easyslider.php and paste this:

<?php $option =  get_option('trt_options'); ?>
    <div id="slider" class="easyslider">
    <ul>
    <?php $loop = new WP_Query( array( 'post_type' => 'slider', 'posts_per_page' => $option['trt_num_sld'] ) ); ?>
    <?php while ( $loop->have_posts() ) : $loop->the_post(); ?>
    <li>
    <div class="slider-content">
    <?php the_title( '<h2 class="entry-title"><a href="' . get_post_meta($post->ID, 'slide_link', TRUE) . '" title="' . the_title_attribute( 'echo=0' ) . '" rel="bookmark">', '</a></h2>' ); ?>
    <a href="<?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'slide_link', TRUE); ?>"><?php the_excerpt(); ?></a>
    </div>
    <a href="<?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'slide_link', TRUE); ?>"><?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?></a>
    </li>
    <?php endwhile; ?>
    </ul>
    </div>

vashani

subscriber

thats great its fixed that issue and also the pic comes up as a link but only part or the pic and not the whole. i mean shouldnt the whole pic be a link and not just a part on the pic. sorry for sound so vague but what i am asking is that no matter where the mouse is on the slider pic it should be treated as a link … is that possible?

thanks again for your patience. you are truely a legend

Towfiq I.

administrator

its happening because the slider title is wrapped around with a box called “slider_content” and it cannot be made clickable. you can reduce the size of it by Adding these lines to stylesheet:

.slider-content{width:350px!important; height:50px!important;}

vashani

subscriber

thats great thanks for that.