Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Adding a forum on seperate Page

Home Forums Misc. General Forums Adding a forum on seperate Page

abcofire

subscriber

How do I allow a page to have it’s own blog roll, picture, and widgets from the main page?

Towfiq I.

administrator

You want to create a page with the same layout as the homepage? but you want show different category posts for the page?

abcofire

subscriber

NO, I want a page with a different layout as the main page. I’d like to be able to create a seperate area for a sperate blog section. Almost like having another blog with in my blog.

abcofire

subscriber

*sorry ‘no’ shouldn’t be in caps.

Towfiq I.

administrator

Can you try this plugin:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/blog-in-blog/

i don’t think it is possible without a plugin… so search for plugins..

jasonward

subscriber

On a similar note, I’d like to have subsection pages with the same layout as the main page. The subsection pages would only feature posts of a certain category. If I use the Blog-in-blog plugin, does that mean I need a special template?

Towfiq I.

administrator

@jason. Go to Appearance> Editor and select “category.php” from right and remove everything, Then add these codes you find in this page:

http://pastebin.com/EpWZGyDK

Adding this will change the category template. When you click on any of the category link on your site, a page with (slider and specific category content) will load. try it.

jasonward

subscriber

@Towfiq – I’ve looked under Appearance>Editor for “category.php” to the right (under the ‘Templates’ list), but there is no “category.php”.

Towfiq I.

administrator

Upload it to the “ScyllaPro” directory then.

jasonward

subscriber

Is the “Blog-in-blog” plugin still required for this? So far, even with “category.php” in there, it’s not working.

Towfiq I.

administrator

I am not sure about the blog-in-blog plugin. Did you put the category.php file in the Scylla theme directory?Do you have a live site that I can look into?

jasonward

subscriber

@Towfiq – Please check your inbox for my response.

ferentz

subscriber

Sorry to be jumping in so late, but I am unable to find the category.php file in my editor.

Towfiq I.

administrator

there is no category.php file in Amphion PRO template.

ferentz

subscriber

does this mean i have to create the category php file for amphion pro? if so, how do i do it without messing up rest of theme?

Towfiq I.

administrator

Download the category.zip file and extract the file inside at and upload it to your AmphionPro Directory.

ferentz

subscriber

thank you. the zip file opened well and i was able to install. i’m just at a complete loss at figuring out bloginblog. i will have to buckle down to figure this out…