Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

If you Like the Asteria Lite Theme and want to Keep it free forever Please Rate it on Wordpress.org (It only takes a few seconds)
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

Tagline on Title Page

Home Forums Free Theme Support Asteria Lite Tagline on Title Page

Rachel

Is there a way to make a tagline under the website title? I want to put the owner of the company’s name and contact information under the main title (where it says “Asteria” in the sample). Can this be done?

Towfiq I.

administrator

Open up head4.php and replace this:

<?php if ( is_home() ) { ?>   
                <h1><a href="<?php echo esc_url( home_url( '/' ) );?>"><?php bloginfo('name'); ?></a></h1>
                <?php }else{ ?>
                <h2><a href="<?php echo esc_url( home_url( '/' ) );?>"><?php bloginfo('name'); ?></a></h2>
                <?php } ?>

with this:

<?php if ( is_home() ) { ?>   
                <h1><a href="<?php echo esc_url( home_url( '/' ) );?>"><?php bloginfo('name'); ?></a></h1>
    <div class="desc"><?php bloginfo('description')?></div>
                <?php }else{ ?>
                <h2><a href="<?php echo esc_url( home_url( '/' ) );?>"><?php bloginfo('name'); ?></a></h2>
    <div class="desc"><?php bloginfo('description')?></div>
                <?php } ?>

donse

I really would like to add a tagline to Asteria Lite too… but please tell me: where on earth is head4.php located please (there is no search in my cms… soooo i’ve been looking. looking. looking and yet some more looking so far wo any luck…)?
    Looking forward to your kind answer 🙂
    donse

Towfiq I.

administrator

Go to Appearance> Editor and select heade4.php from right.

donse

Tjek! Got it – however i’m not smart enough to make the tag-font visible (needs to be white, somewhat bigger and bold) up there.
    Is that a Pro-function, i suppose ?

Thanks for info here 🙂

Towfiq I.

administrator

add this to your Custom CSS:

.desc{color:white; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold;}

Marie

Thank you for Asteria Lite! I tried your head4.php replacement (copy & paste) to get the tagline to show on the front page but it doesn’t work for me. I also tried (copy & paste) to change the color to white hoping it would show up, but there’s nothing. Our site is http://www.carmels.org/blog/. Thanks!

Marie

Sorry, I gave you the wrong address. It is http://www.carmelsc.org/blog/. Thanks.

Marie

Any ideas? I think I’ll just start over. With Asteria Lite of course, which is prettier than anything I’ve seen. I’m using a child theme of it–that wouldn’t have made a difference in the coding, would it? Seems all should have transferred over. Anyway, thanks again for creating a beautiful theme.

Marie

No need to respond. I got it.

Marie

FYI, I realized my original problem was that I was using WP’s Edit CSS to paste in the color change instead of Asteria Lite Options > Custom CSS (just as you say above but which my eyes never saw…) So is there a way to disable WP’s Edit CSS? Not that it matters. But what I would like to do is italicize my tagline to set it off from the title and the nav items. Can you tell me how to do that? Thanks! I’m back to my original wp-asteria site, btw.

Towfiq I.

administrator

add this to your Custom CSS:

.desc{
    font-style: italic;
    }

Marie

Thank you so much! I added text-transform: capitalize; after italic; so that I wouldn’t have both the title and tagline in caps. Looks so much better! I wanted to keep the font you have for the title, but it doesn’t lowercase so I settled for Helvetica which is fine. (I’m reading the coding tutorials put out by htmldog which are funny and easy to follow.)

Nati

Hi Towfiq, Thanks a lot for your Asteria Theme!
    Only one difficulty. The Tagline is not showing…
    Is there a way to show the Tagline under the Title?
    I’ve tried the solution you’ve posted on January 16, 2014 at 8:54 pm, but it did not work for me (replacing the code under head4.php).
    I would be thankful if you could help me out…

Towfiq I.

administrator

@Nati whats your site address?

Tom

You have several additions above to change the font type (italics, bold, etc) but where do you add those into the CSS?

Towfiq I.

administrator

To Asteria Options> Custom CSS

Michael Juul Jensen

I have the line now but I can’t find out to make it white. Don’t know where to put the code for white.
    I also have spend many hours for this problem. Isn’t it possible to make an update, with the right programming?

Towfiq I.

administrator

whats your site add Michael?

Lori

Somehow I can’t get the tagline to start below the main title, but starts immediately after main title.
    Also too much vertical space between main title and tagline. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Towfiq I.

administrator

Lori whats your site address?

Reply To: Tagline on Title Page