Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

If you Like the Asteria Lite Theme and want to Keep it free forever Please Rate it on Wordpress.org (It only takes a few seconds)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Page resizing and nivo-bar have wrong behaviours (Asteria Lite)

Home Forums Free Theme Support Asteria Lite Page resizing and nivo-bar have wrong behaviours (Asteria Lite)

Gabriele

Hi all,
    I’m using Asteria Lite and I going to buy PRO version in order to take advance of extended options.
    Before upgrading to PRO, i have to be sure that the following issues have been resolved or taken as improvement.

1_ The size of images shown by nivo scroller are linked to browser page size: it causes a different browsing experience and a bad stretched-looks of images (there’s no way lock it, it can be seen also on your demo page): to me it should be fixed, I can’t imagine it as a feature, image should have a fixed maximum width (and it should be the maximum size of scroller). I’m developing it on a iMac 27″ and Sony Vaio 15.6″ and appearances are really different and wrong (I can attach some pics if needed).

2_ Related to previous point, the more the browser size is increased, the less image part is shown (due to lower-resolution).
    To me you could:
    — resize scroller keeping aspect ratio
    — lock image resizing
    — Introduce a new behaviour: when window size is smaller of 1200px (eg), images should be cropped and not resized. on the other hand, if it is bigger, it can become bigger (width) of maximum size (1200px eg).

3_ When only 1 image is loaded, sometimes Nivo scroller shows a slideshow of the same images. I can’t decribe steps-to-test, sometimes it happens.

I hope that it doesn’t sound haughty 🙁 , Asteria is a wonderful theme, you’ve done a really good work, I just want to get some issues solved.

Thanks in advance!

Towfiq I.

administrator

1. it would be great if you could attach some screenshots. and its possible to lock the width of the theme after a selected width, for example it wont resize after 1200px. is this something you want?

2. Add this to your custom Css tab:

#zn_nivo, .slider-wrapper, .slide_wrap, .banner ul li, #accordion, .kwicks li, #accordion{min-height:500px; max-height:500px;}

Joshua

Hi Towfiq I.
    I pretty well have the same problem even after applying the fix you posted, actually all it did was make the slider 500px again, instead of the 400 i set it to, which is understandable, considering the code…

Here’s 2 screens:
    http://imgur.com/KkUKObz,kW1LaNw#0

Here’s the site:
    http://www.glovetesters.com

I’m almost afraid to go any further in developement until we get this sorted, that slider is SICK!

Thanks for the hard work, guy! This theme is pretty sick as well! Will def upgrade once it’s all sorted.

Actually, while we’re on the topic, how to change the font on the top nav bar? Or, I can make a new thread. please advise.

Thanks!

Towfiq I.

administrator

@Joshua The slider images you uploaded are not big enough. please make sure they are at-least 1200px x 400px

and you can only change font in the PRO version.

Reply To: Page resizing and nivo-bar have wrong behaviours (Asteria Lite)