Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

One categorie on one page?

Home Forums Free Theme Support Theron Lite One categorie on one page?

Annette

Towfiq,

I’d like to have a static page with a little text and then showing all posts relating to this topic. Till now I only found on the one hand the possibility to put a categorie on the menu – but then there is no way to type in an introductory text. On the other hand I can have the static site with a gallery or something but not with the referred posts.

How can I solve that problem?

I am building on http://www.schlien.net
    “cafe” – is following the first option
    “Yearly project” – the second one — but I want them mixed.

Thank you for your support.
    Kind regards,
    Annette

Towfiq I.

administrator

Open up category.php and add this:

<div class="single_wrap">
        <div class="single_post">
              <h1 class="postitle"><?php single_cat_title( '', true ); ?></h1>
              <?php echo category_description( ); ?>
        </div>
    </div>

after this:

<?php get_header(); ?>

Then Go to Posts > Categories and click on each category and fill the description field with your desired text.

Annette

Thank you for your immediate reply.
    I was not able to check out if it works since wp backend is no longer reachable after creating and activating a theron-lite child-theme. There is only a completely white page. With FTP I deleted the child-theme folder and also all plugins -thats what google tells- but nothing. Still white. Do you have an idea?

Towfiq I.

administrator

try renaming the “theron-lite” folder to “theron-lite2”. your site will be automatically set to wordpress’ default theme. Install a clean version of the theme again.

Annette

Thank you – that worked.
    It still remains another problem. I have now these wonderful category-pages – but the prev/next buttons will always be linked to the previous or next blog-post independent of the categorie. Is it possible to confine the prev/next button on the respective category page only to this category?
    Thanks again.

Towfiq I.

administrator

sorry. thats not possible.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.