Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

If you Like the Asteria Lite Theme and want to Keep it free forever Please Rate it on Wordpress.org (It only takes a few seconds)
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

nivo slider resets to empty

Home Forums Free Theme Support Asteria Lite nivo slider resets to empty

MMM

When I return to dashboard, slider page does not show active slides list. But slider is actually running.
    Whenever I click on appearance/asteria options/(make changes elsewher)/save changes/ – Nivo Slider disappears. I think it saves the situation I mentioned above so nothing is in the slider.

Basically each time I update any block or turn maintenance mode on/off, anything to do with asteria options, I have to again add each slide and take hands off of dashboard.
    How to fix this?

MMM

Towfiq I.

administrator

Please make sure you add titles to each of your slides. You can’t save slides without titles.

webeclectic

I’m assuming I’m experiencing a similar issue since I added a slide without a title., so this is good to know.

But now how do I delete a slide that’s showing up on the live site but not in the Slider section of the Dashboard?

Towfiq I.

administrator

that shouldn’t happen. whats your site address?

Andrea

Why we have to add titles I we don’t want any words or numbers?

Towfiq I.

administrator

Just add this to your Custom CSS:

.nivo-caption{display:none!important;}

Leah

I’ve been having the same issue and I added your code .nivo-caption{display:none!important;} to the custom css however it is still not saving the images

Towfiq I.

administrator

you got it wrong. you need to add titles to each slide to save them.

Beth

At first, I couldn’t get the code to work either when putting it in the Custom CSS section of the Options dashboard. I have a childtheme set up, though, and when I put the code in the childtheme style.css it worked like a charm! ( I also added these bits of code to hide all the navigation, because I’m only using a single slide)

/*HIDES CONTROLS FOR NIVO SLIDER SO IT LOOKS LIKE A SINGLE IMAGE*/
    .nivo-caption{display:none!important;}
    .nivo-controlNav{display:none!important;}
    .nivo-prevNav{display:none!important;}
    .nivo-nextNav{display:none!important;}

ALSO! Be sure that if you are changing bits of code for your slider that you have that particular slider chosen in the Options dashboard. Nothing seemed to be working, then I realized I still had the “Unslider” selected instead of NivoSlider. doh!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.