Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)

Mobile Menu not displaying correctly

Home Forums Free Theme Support Zenon Lite Mobile Menu not displaying correctly

Seltsyrk

Hi I am using your theme (amazing by the way) and thank you, but the menu is not working on a mobile device, everything else is perfect but that. It displays what looks to be a dropdown version of the horizontal menu with ‘contact’ and an arrow pointing down to the far right of the ‘contact’ text, however when tapped it does not proceed to dropdown showing any other pages. I there a way to correct this? Cheers again!

Towfiq I.

administrator

You could display the word β€œMenu” instead of always displaying the last menu item. to achieve this, open up zenon.js and replace this:

jQuery("#topmenu ul.menu").tinyNav();

with this:

jQuery("#topmenu ul.menu").tinyNav({active: 'selected', header: true});

If you dont know how to access the zenon.js file, Install this plugin
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/solid-code-theme-editor/
    and Then Go to Appearance> SC Theme Editor and click the “zenon.js” link from right to edit it.

John

Hi Towfiq,

I have noticed this too, the mobile menu always adds the selected tag to the last menu item. I could use the above fix to always show the word “menu” though a good alternative would be to always show the name of the current menu item depending on which part of the site the use was on.

Can you think of a way to have the current menu item selected?

Thanks
    John

John

Sorry but the fix didn’t work for me. My theme is actually Zenon (sorry for posting in the wrong forum) but the fix should still be valid. I changed the line above and the mobile menu still defaults to “Testamonials” on the mobile version.

http://www.dynamosuk.com

Thanks

Towfiq I.

administrator

please clear your browser cache to see the change. I just checked your site and I am seeing the change.

John

Yes! Working now thank you. How can I buy you a coffee?

Towfiq I.

administrator

its ok. I already drank coffee knowing the issue was fixed πŸ˜‰

Sofie Olofsson

Hi,

I just did the instructions above. My menu in is showing the word: Navigation. Is there a way to change this? The name of the menu is “Meny”.

Thanks!

Towfiq I.

administrator

replace this:

jQuery("#topmenu ul.menu").tinyNav({active: 'selected', header: true});

with this:

jQuery("#topmenu ul.menu").tinyNav({active: 'selected', header: 'Meny'});

Sofie Olofsson

Hm, still showing ‘Navigation’ πŸ™

Towfiq I.

administrator

@Sofie whats your site address?

Sofie Olofsson

subscriber

Christina

Using Zenon Pro on a clients website – menu does not show up on any mobile device.
    Please advise.
    Thank you.

Towfiq I.

administrator

@sofie I am not seeing that line of code in your zenon.js file:
    http://www.opcommunication.se/wp-content/themes/zenon/zenon.js?ver=3.8.1

@Christina
    Please setup your Menu from Appearance> Menus to display the mobile menu.

Christina

The menu is setup, however there seems to be no wording about mobile menus in this section. Here are some screen grabs of what my options look like in the dashboard. What am I missing here? Thank you. screengrab of menu optionssecond screengrab - bottom of options page

Towfiq I.

administrator

there shouldn’t be any. the mobile menu automatically shows up when you setup the menu Whats your site address?

Christina

moriahbrandons.com

Towfiq I.

administrator

hmm…. Add this to the very bottom of your mobile.css:

.tinynav, .tinynav1 {
    display: block!important;
    margin: 20px auto 0px auto;
    width: 90%;
    padding: 3px 0;
    }

Christina

Thank you Towfiq – that worked. It made it a drop down menu which is perfect! Thank you very much for your help. Your support in this forum is extraordinary. Thanks again.

Sofie Olofsson

Hi!

I once again put the code:jQuery(“#topmenu ul.menu”).tinyNav({active: ‘selected’, header: ‘Meny’}); in zenon.js. It’s not working. I’m sure the code is there.. What do I do wrong?

Towfiq I.

administrator

Open up other.js file and replace this:

.text("Navigation")

with this:

.text("Meny")

Sofie Olofsson

subscriber

Thanks, now it works πŸ™‚

Julia

Hi Towfiq. We continue to enjoy the Zenon Pro template for our site confidentrunner.com. For some reason the contact page does not appear when “contact” is selected on a mobile device (iPad and desktop are fine). And, contact seems to be the default page, even after another page is selected. What should I do to ensure the contact page is accessible?

Towfiq I.

administrator

Julia see my first reply of this thread.

Julia

The jQuery change was made, the browser cleared, but the menu drop down has not changed. The menu defaults to “Contact” but there is no contact page. I would like to do what John requested; what did you recommend for him?

1 2

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.