Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

If you Like the Asteria Lite Theme and want to Keep it free forever Please Rate it on Wordpress.org (It only takes a few seconds)
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Menu text color after hovering isn't same as before hovering

Home Forums Free Theme Support Asteria Lite Menu text color after hovering isn't same as before hovering

Alan

Thanks to Appearance > Editor, I changed the menu bar color, and then (to restore legibility) I changed menu text colors for both before and during hovering. I’m all good EXCEPT the text color after hovering is still not legibile. Where can I find this value to change it?

thanks,
    Alan

Towfiq I.

administrator

whats your site address?

Alan

Alan

FYI, it doesn’t seem to be anywhere in “style.css”, as even when I temporarily changed every instance of “#fff” in that file to another color as an experiment, the color in question remained the default white.

Alan

The site is now in its root directory. Until the problem is solved, I have substituted different colors to keep it legible.

Towfiq I.

administrator

what color do you want it to be upon hover?

Alan

While hovering, I’m OK with the current dark blue, which I believe was the default. After hovering without clicking, however, the link needs to return to the initial color, the color I am already able to edit under “/*Headers4*/” in the Editor. In other words, hovering without clicking should not have a permanent effect.

If this dependence can not be made automatic, the next best thing would be to know where I can edit the after-color, so I do not have to commit to a color choice permanently.

If however I must commit, I would use black. Under “/*Headers4*/” I would then change the initial color to black as well, and the background to #f3f3f3.

Towfiq I.

administrator

but this is whats happening. when you hover over the menu items and then move your mouse pointer without clicking, the menu item color goes back to white.

Alan

That is only because, as I said before, “Until the problem is solved, I have substituted different colors to keep it legible.” Namely, white on dark gray.

Alan

Here’s a demonstration (using a separate css file) of the problem behavior:
    http://surgicalenergetics.com/test.html

Sam

Was this ever rectified? How do we change the color after it’s been hovered over?

Towfiq I.

administrator

Sam can you please elaborate?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.