Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

If you Like the Asteria Lite Theme and want to Keep it free forever Please Rate it on Wordpress.org (It only takes a few seconds)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Link Google+ to website

Home Forums Free Theme Support Asteria Lite Link Google+ to website

Joris

Hi,

I am trying to link Google+ to my website and tried to add
    Google+

the following ways:

* Add it to header.php through admin >> Nothing showed in header and once adding this it messed everything up and Google+ was not able to find the code anyway

* Change header.php and then FTP it to my website >> Google was not able to find it as well

Any idea ?

Towfiq I.

administrator

whats your site address?

joris

Towfiq I.

administrator

what line did you add?

I am not seeing anything new in your header.php

joris

Yes, I checked and when updating from 0.7 >> 0.8 it seems it changed the header.

Anyway, I have updated the previous one, please have a look!

Thanks

Towfiq I.

administrator

you added the code wrong. why dont you just use this plugin instead of editing the template files:
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/google-author-information-in-search-results-wordpress-plugin/

joris

Hi,

I tested but didn’t work out for business web registration (This was linking my personal account) but not confirming I am owning the website (as you might have understood with all the support requests, I am not geek at all as well :))

Anyway, I have found another option, i.e. to ftp a blank index.html file, validate with google and then remove the index.html file

Best R.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.