Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

How to display large images on the homefeed with Triton Lite

Home Forums Free Theme Support Triton Lite How to display large images on the homefeed with Triton Lite

Peruviana

Hi there,
    When I upload images into my blog entries, I use images that are 72 dpi, but are 20cm x 20cm in size (I have also tried experimenting with the original images which are 72 dpi and are up to 70 cm x 90 cm) – still, when I look at my feed page, my posts appear with very small, unimpactful images. How do other people manage to get beautiful large images?

I have also made sure that I enable the largest file size option when I’m loading the images.

Your help is greatly appreciated…
    By the way, I’m not very tech-savvy, so please explain what I need to do in the most simple way possible.
    Thank you!

Towfiq I.

administrator

in web we dont measure images in dpi rather in pixels(px) make sure your images have at-least the width of 300px.
    I guess you come from print media as you are trying to measure images with dpi.

Peruviana

Hi, thanks for the tip (yes, you’re right about my print media background)…!

I’ve managed to increase the size of square photos on the feed page, but it’s so strange that the same adjustments to the file size does not work with vertical (rectangular) photos! Would you happen to have any idea why this is? I’ve made the images so large, yet they don’t change in size 🙁

Thanks!

Towfiq I.

administrator

they wouldn’t. because when they are displayed on frontpage, they are automatically re-sized. whats your site address?

Peruviana

Hi, thanks for looking into this. Here is my site address:

http://peruvianashop.wordpress.com/

Towfiq I.

administrator

hmm.. since you are using wordpress.com you will have to ask this on wordpress.com theme forum as the 2 themes are different in functionality.

Peruviana

Hi, sorry what do you mean when you say “the 2 themes are different in functionality”? You mean the Triton Lite theme and the reader feed page? Thanks.

Towfiq I.

administrator

the wordpress.com version was more or less rebuilt by the wordpress.com team. so they know better how to fix any issues and how to modify that version.

Peruviana

Oh… I see, I didn’t know that there were 2 versions. So, how can I get your version?

I noticed on the wordpress forum for triton lite that the forum is currently inactive and it says that the theme hasn’t been updated in a while…

Does this mean I should change to your version?

Towfiq I.

administrator

No. it doesnt mean you will have to change to my version. To install my version, you will have to get your own hosting.