Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

If you Like the Asteria Lite Theme and want to Keep it free forever Please Rate it on Wordpress.org (It only takes a few seconds)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

hAtom Microformat Data

Home Forums Free Theme Support Asteria Lite hAtom Microformat Data

Chas

Ran a few of my sites through the Good Structured Data Testing Tool and a found some have hAtom data and some don’t… it appears this is a feature of the themes I’m using for each site (rather than a plugin). When it comes to attracting Google bots and providing every incentive possible for natural search results it must be better to have this than not have it… It doesn’t look like a lot of work hAtom Any chance of adding it?

Also on the same topic breadcrumbs are essential for a pass on Structured Data … I use Breadcrumb Trail by Justin Tadlock… but every time you do an update I have to re-edit page.hph to put the call back in… two questions:

1) could you make this a native feature (switchable in case the user’s SEO plugin does it)
    2) do your themes (and Asteria PRO in particular) support child themes so I can do the change once and keep it?

Chas

According to the spec the jfeed tag is optional but something is stopping the Google tool seeing the hentry tags already in the theme…

More info here: http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom

Towfiq I.

administrator

What happens when you use your plugin with the theme?

and yes you can create a child theme easily with this plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/orbisius-child-theme-creator/

and replace the code of your child theme’s single.php with this:

<div class="single_metainfo">
                                <i class="fa-calendar"></i><a class="comm_date"><span class="post_date" ><?php the_time( get_option('date_format') ); ?></span></a>
                                <i class="fa-user"></i><?php global $authordata; $post_author = "<a class='vcard' href=\"".get_author_posts_url( $authordata->ID, $authordata->user_nicename )."\"><span class='fn'>".get_the_author()."</span></a>\r\n"; echo $post_author; ?>
                            <?php if (!empty($post->post_password)) { ?>
    						<?php } else { ?>
                                <?php if (!empty ($asteria['post_comments_id'])) { ?>
                                        <i class="fa-comments"></i> <div class="meta_comm"><?php comments_popup_link( __('0 Comment', 'asteria'), __('1 Comment', 'asteria'), __('% Comments', 'asteria'), '', __('Off' , 'asteria')); ?></div><?php } ?>
                            <?php } ?>

<i class="fa-th-list"></i><div class="catag_list"><?php the_category(', '); ?></div>
                            </div>
Reply To: hAtom Microformat Data