Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Displaying tags from a post on the front page

Home Forums Free Theme Support Triton Lite Displaying tags from a post on the front page

Elizabeth

Hello,

I would like the tag from a post to appear on the front page where the picture is, on the same line that the date is, but on the left, always showing, not just when hovering.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Towfiq I.

administrator

Open up layout1.php and replace this(appears 3 times):

<div class="date_meta"><?php the_time('d'); ?>. <?php the_time('m'); ?>. <?php the_time('Y'); ?></div>

with this:

<div class="tag_meta"><?php the_tags(); ?></div>

then add this to the very bottom of your stylesheet:

.tag_meta{padding:3px 10px; background:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); position:absolute; right:0; top:10px;}

Elizabeth

Hi Towfiq,

That works great, except the date disappeared altogether. Any ideas on how to restore that?

Thanks.

Towfiq I.

administrator

thats what you wanted right? you wanted to display tags in place of date?

Elizabeth

Update:
    instead of replacing <div class=”date_meta”><?php the_time(‘d’); ?>. <?php the_time(‘m’); ?>. <?php the_time(‘Y’); ?></div> with <div class=”tag_meta”><?php the_tags(); ?></div> , I added the second line in front of the first line. In my stylesheet I added margin-right: 180px; I’m not sure that this is the way to do it, but it seems to work.

The problem now is that I can’t style the font (the tags are in blue with an underline) and the word “tags:” appears, which I don’t want. Any ideas?

All your help is much appreciated !

Towfiq I.

administrator

yes, its a valid way to do this. Add this to your stylesheet to fix the text color of the tags:

.tag_meta a{color:#fff; text-decoration:none;}

Elizabeth

Oops, I just read your comment….no I didn’t want the date to disappear, I just wanted to add the tag on the same line.

Elizabeth

Thanks, that fixed the blue underline issue. Any ideas on getting rid of “tags:” ?

Towfiq I.

administrator

replace this:

<?php the_tags(); ?>

with this:

<?php the_tags( ' ', ', ', '); ?>

Elizabeth

I did that on all three lines and everything from the slider down disappeared. Was I supposed to do it only on one of the lines?

Towfiq I.

administrator

sorry, replace this:

<?php the_tags( ' ', ', ', '); ?>

with this:

<?php the_tags( ' ', ', ', ''); ?>

Elizabeth

Perfect! It looks awesome! Thanks for your help.