Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

If you Like the Asteria Lite Theme and want to Keep it free forever Please Rate it on Wordpress.org (It only takes a few seconds)
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Categories Are not Sorting Correctly

Home Forums Free Theme Support Asteria Lite Categories Are not Sorting Correctly

Syvella

Hello…

I have managed to get everything up and running correctly with the exception of ONE thing. My Categories on my blog. What I wanted was this:
    Parent Menu = Current Events
    Under this parent menu, I have three sub items
    News
    Community Events
    Current Promotions

On the posts Section, when I select a post, to the right I select the category so that all posts concerning that topic should only be displayed on the sub-item menu it is associated with. I went through each of my posts and selected a category, and updated the changes. Seems pretty simple.

Next, I went to the Menu Section under Asteria Pages, and made sure that my three sub items (News, Community Events, and Current Promotions) are located under the parent page Current Events. So my question is why aren’t the posts under their respective titles? What happens when you select News, or Community, or Current Promotions, All of the posts who up on all of them instead of under the categories I have placed them in. What am I doing wrong. I followed the instructions I believe to the letter….www.smithspremiumsolutions.net/newsite/

Towfiq I.

administrator

you did not add categories to your menu. you added custom pages with blog template. The “News”, “Community” & “Current Promotion” pages are not category page, they are custom pages with blog page template. instead of custom page, you should add category pages to your menu.

Khrys

Hello –
    I have the same issue. Have added categories (blog and collection) to my menu, but they do not show. http://www.theredumbrellasociety.com.
    Thank you.

Khrys

FYI – I’ve also tried adding Links (both external and to categories), but they too do not show up.

Towfiq I.

administrator

replied to your email.

Khrys

Thank you. Saw the email. However, category links still do not show – only links to actual pages do. When you visited the website, both category links were in the navigation menu, but they could not be seen. I have since reverted to page links, but all blog posts show regardless if selected or not. Appreciate your help.

Khrys

Success! Thank you for your help!
    (Select the “Theme Location” for the menu.)

georgina

Hi, I have a problem. 404 in wanting to see them

EXAMPLE: http://tallerwordpress.org/synthon/index.php/category/general/

Towfiq I.

administrator

Georgina,

Please go to Settings> General and make sure both your site address and wordpress address are same.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.