Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

Blog page is still showing home page

Home Forums Free Theme Support Theron Lite Blog page is still showing home page

Mike

Good afternoon. I have the 2steptech News link as the post page but I am still seeing the slider etc. as the home page essentially. I have the apps category set in the theme options and also in the reading section of wordpress but it is not showing. Can you advise?

Thanks
    Mike

Matt

I’m experiencing the same issue. Is there a fix for this?

Towfiq I.

administrator

sorry. I am not clear, when you select “2steptech News” as your posts page. what do you expect the site would display?

Glenda Coswello

I have created a Latest News page and set the posts to go to this page in Customize section.
    When I click on the menu, it shows the home page.
    Can you help please?

Towfiq I.

administrator

did you assign any page template to it? what do you want this page to show?

cheryl

Hi, I need the blog page to use the theron blog template. But even setting it from reading, or customizing is not working. Still shows home template for a reason I don’t know. How I can fix this?? I set the Blog template, but is not working. Thanks.

Towfiq I.

administrator

you cant do it that way.

Go to Appearance> Theron options> Documentation>Misc. and learn how to setup a blog page.

Nerea Hernández

subscriber

I have the same problem. I select blog template to the blog but it doesn’t work. ¿What can I do?

Towfiq I.

administrator

what do you mean by it doesnt work? can you send me the page where you set the blog page template?

Nerea Hernández

subscriber

When I go to the blog page (noticias) it show me home template. http://www.nenadacontefans.com/noticias

Towfiq I.

administrator

Go to Settings> Reading and select Front page displays “Your latest posts”

Nerea Hernández

subscriber

Ok, I’ll prove it now.
    Other question, Can I select post of different categories in Home template? there any way to show posts of different categories?

Towfiq I.

administrator

Yes you can do that from Appearance> Theron Options> Frontpage.

Nerea Hernández

subscriber

thank you!

Devon

I want my front page to be static and my blog to be separate. when I set it up that way the blog page shows nothing. What can I do to fix that?

Towfiq I.

administrator

Go to Settings> Reading and select a static page for your frontpage.

as for your blog page, you will have to assign the “Blog page Template” to your Blog page.

Aly

Hi there,
    I’ve been having the same problem as those above. I know how to set up a blog page by using the Appearance> Theron options> Documentation>Misc setting, but it still does’t work. I’ve tried everything but there must be a glitch. I also wanted to have a latest news page in the menu display the latest blog posts, but no matter what I did it just displayed exactly the same as on the home page with the slider. I also tried every conceivable combination in the WP static page setting, but it still din’t work.

The other thing is, I had the same problem even when I set the template on the page to a blog page, but it makes no difference what I set it to, because that didn’t work either. There simply must be a glitch in there somewhere!

I was considering upgrading to pro, but you haven’t responded to my other question about how to change the font on the title?
    Many thanks

Towfiq I.

administrator

Aly Follow these steps:

1. create a page and give it a title “Blog” or anything you like.
    2. Then select “Blog Page Template” from right and then update the page.
    3. Then go to Theron options> Misc and select the category for the blog page. Suppose you selected “blog” category, all the posts under blog category will be displayed to your blog page that you just created.

If you have followed the steps and its still not working, let me know the page url. I will take a look.

Reply To: Blog page is still showing home page